Who doesn’t love a great day out with friends or family? Especially if it involves crafting, right? Here’s a round up of what’s on throughout the year to keep you busy whether you’re local or just visiting. There’s something for everyone whatever your craft of choice. Just remember to be prepared! Our Scottish weather is nothing if not unpredictable.
If you’d like to add an event or you know of one that’s not listed, do drop me a message through the Contact Me page.
Out and About in 2018 – Scottish Events Galore
- Scottish Quilt Championships – 16th to 18th February, Royal Highland Centre at Ingliston, Edinburgh
- Dornoch Fibre Fest – 9th to 11th March, Dornoch
- Edinburgh Yarn Festival – 14th to 18th March, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh
- St. Abbs Wool Festival – 7th April, Eyemouth Community Centre, Eyemouth
- Aberdeen Yarnfest – 13th May, 10am – 5pm, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Aberdeen (Inaugural Event)
- Highland Wool Festival – 26th May, Dingwall Auction Mart, Dingwall
- Indie Burgh Craft Crawl – 27th to 28th July, Edinburgh
- Royal Highland Show – 21st to 24th June, Royal Highland Centre at Ingliston, Edinburgh
- Wool@Portsoy – 25th August, Church Hall, Portsoy
- Perth Festival of Yarn – 8th & 9th September, Dewar’s Centre, Perth
- Loch Ness Knit Fest – 19th to 21st October, Inverness Ice Centre, Inverness
- Scottish Smallholder Festival – 28th October, Forfar